Metairie, LA | Full Time | Interior Design + CS | Experienced
Are you a passionate Interior Designer and Customer Service Champion?
DMG Design + Build is hiring an experienced Interior Designer / Customer Service Associate to support its growing residential design + build firm.
The successful candidate will contribute to DMG’s success by interacting with clients and potential clients with the utmost professionalism, by assisting management to ensure that office operations run smoothly, and by contributing to a supportive work environment.
An Interior Designer is responsible for:
- Visit job sites to analyze space availability, design needs and client preferences regarding finish selections;
- Create design sketches, design boards, presentation materials, and other visual formats;
- Arrange client meetings and document the project progress;
- Guide client with finish selections to ensure the project stays in budget;
- Collaborate and participate in all phases of the project from conceptual design through construction;
- Oversee and track the buying process of materials and finishes to complete the project;
- Ensuring project completion within the allocated budget and timeline;
- Use various software, including 2020 Design software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Buildertrend, and PowerPoint
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Understanding of design-based projects including construction and interior design;
- Identify current trends;
- Ability to interpret client’s design aesthetic and desired function of space, and provide guidance in finish selections that deliver a successful design result;
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite;
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities;
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills;
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Facilitate meetings effectively;
- Effectively communicate relevant project information;
- Resolve issues in a timely fashion;
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Leadership / Teamwork / Development:
- Identify opportunities for improvements and make constructive suggestions for change;
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices;
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members;
- Seek and participate in development opportunities beyond required training;
- Set and manage client expectations with fortitude to meet or exceed those expectations;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction;
- A strong desire to work in an integrated design+build firm.
Salary & Benefits:
DMG Design + Build offers all full-time employees a competitive salary, benefits package including medical, life, vision, and dental coverage, paid holidays and personal time, IRA, and a profit-sharing bonus structure.
Salary from: $45,000.00