Are you a passionate Designer? DMG Design + Build is hiring experienced Designers to support its growing design + build firm.
DMG is committed to doing more than just completing quality projects. As a local general contractor, we strive to build relationships and communities. Every project we take on receives the highest level of experience, professionalism, and superior craftsmanship. Our vision is to build personalized designs and homes that realize our client’s visions with our dedicated and passionate team. We continuously delight our clients by maintaining a highly talented staff with excellent communication skills who subscribe to our company’s values.
The successful candidate will contribute to DMG’s success by interacting with clients and potential clients with the utmost professionalism, assisting management to ensure that office operations run smoothly, and contributing to a supportive work environment.
- Visit job sites to analyze space availability, design needs, and client preferences regarding finish selections;
- Create design sketches, design boards, presentation materials, and other visual formats;
- Arrange client meetings and document the project progress;
- Guide client with finish selections to ensure the project stays within budget;
- Collaborate and participate in all phases of the project, from conceptual design through construction;
- Oversee and track the buying process of materials and finishes to complete the project;
- Ensuring project completion within the allocated budget and timeline;
- Use various software, including 2020 Design software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
Qualifications & Requirements
- Understanding of design-based projects including construction and interior design;
- Identify current trends;
- Ability to interpret client’s design aesthetic and desired function of space, and provide guidance in finish selections that deliver a successful design result;
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite;
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities;
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills;
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Facilitate meetings effectively;
- Effectively communicate relevant project information;
- Resolve issues in a timely fashion;
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Leadership / Teamwork / Development
- Identify opportunities for improvements and make constructive suggestions for change;
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices;
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members;
- Seek and participate in development opportunities beyond required training;
- Set and manage client expectations with fortitude to meet or exceed those expectations;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction;
- A strong desire to work in an integrated design+build firm.
Salary & Benefits
DMG Design + Build offers all full-time employees a competitive salary, benefits package including medical, life, vision and dental coverage, paid holidays and personal time and IRA.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Metairie, LA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Interior Designers: 2 years (Preferred)
Please send your resume and cover letter to Aren McCroskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.